"...and for my sins..."

ArtyScout

Well I started my next project. These three Vietcong guerillas are part of it. I have one more figure to make and then I'll do the diorama. As always all comments and critiques are greatly appreciated.

Semper Fi.

Manny

resized_20210418_004618.jpg

resized_20210418_004629.jpg

resized_20210418_004657.jpg

Proud Kraut

I assume this is the DRAGON Viet Kong set? 4th figure was with a bicycle, right? Looking forward to the next steps. Well done so far!

2 hours ago, Proud Kraut said:

I assume this is the DRAGON Viet Kong set? 4th figure was with a bicycle, right? Looking forward to the next steps. Well done so far!

Hey Lars, you are absolutely correct, this is Dragon's Viet Cong set but my next figure is not the VC girl with the bicycle. It's someone else. This dio will be my own take on a movie scene. 

• 3 weeks later...
ArtyScout

Hey Guys, sorry I haven't posted some updates. But I have been doing some work. I'm scratchbuilding the diorama, so I'm making sure I have everything as correct as I can make it. Here is a faded brown stained wooden floor along with a bed and night tables set (resin) and the last figure. Now its back to some more scratchbuilding. That little hamster in my head is working overtime. LOL. 

Semper Fi.

Manny

resized_20210504_222900.jpg

20210504_222931.jpg

Proud Kraut

This is going to be exciting! The furniture looks awesome. Can´t wait to see more of your hamster´s work!

ArtyScout

This is the final figure all done. I will be adding a glass or bottle to his hand. Now on to finish the base.

Semper Fi.

Manny

resized_20210507_173740.jpg

Proud Kraut

Hey Manny, your figure is looking great! You mentioned a glas or bottle you want to add. Just wanted to share a MiniArt set of bottles & crates I purchased recently for my desert dio. Lots of crates & bottles with labels in amazing quality.

WB1.jpg

WB3.jpg

Old Marine

I have seen those bottle sets and the box art looks great.  But, I have been wondering what they actually look like,  thanks for posting the photos.  Miniart is really producing some great kits.

Manny, your figure looks great.  

Hey Lars, I've seen those kits from MiniArt. I have the cookery set. I was debating on purchasing the beer bottle set and the champagne and cognac set. Especially since I was going to use only one bottle NOW. Lets see what happens. Hey Dennis those sets are very well made. Here are some WIP photos. Don't worry the window will get some tweaking and the table lamps and mirror are scratchbuilt.

Semper Fi.

Manny

resized_20210509_000735.jpg

resized_20210511_231700.jpg

resized_20210512_164001.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all. Here are a couple of pictures of my WIP. All the components are almost finished and the whole thing should come together soon.

Semper Fi.

Manny

resized_20210521_003114.jpg

resized_20210521_003146.jpg

Proud Kraut

I really wonder how this will come together with the furniture etc. Great work so far, Manny, well done.

VC.jpg

Hello all. Well I finally finished this diorama. In my honest opinion I feel that its not my best; especially when its hard to recreate; as close as possible; a scene from a movie. I know that Lars was trying to figure out how the VC will come together with the furniture. Well I was playing devil's advocate and they are basically what Capt. Willard was imagining in his mind. FYI, the lamps, floor, curtains, mirror & rug were all scratchbuilt. Well this is just a small rendition of the opening scene/monologue of "Apocalypse Now".

I was trying to get the right lighting for the room. I believe I got that with the pic of the VC and the shadows on the wall. Anyway I hope you like it and I'll be back here again for my next diorama.

Semper Fi.

Manny

resized_20210526_010917.jpg

resized_20210525_001250.jpg

resized_20210525_001112.jpg

resized_20210525_000858.jpg

resized_20210525_001402.jpg

Proud Kraut

Outstanding Manny, this dio really tells a story. I don´t how many times I have watched this movie. I should have known.... Excellent implementation of the intro scene, well done.

No critique but there´s one thing you might give some thought. How about airbrushing the border/area  between the VC vignette and the floor black as well? It maybe intensifies the effect. Awesome dio, thanks for sharing! "This is the end..."

Hey guys, thanks for the comments, I really appreciate them. And Lars I might just take you up on that suggestion. That idea would make the jungle more menacing per se.

P.S. Mikie, I'm hoping to see something else from you. I really enjoyed your dirigible hangar dio.

Semper Fi.

Manny