"...and for my sins..."

ArtyScout

That's really innovative Manny. 

I'm afraid they way you've got this going you might trigger PTSD for some folks!

If I recall the movie, the spinning ceiling fan dominated the scene.  I have no idea how you would work that in.  But even without it, a very powerful image.

Yes GWB, you are quite correct. I guess the fan represented the rotor blades of a Huey as I remember the scene. Seeing what Capt. Willard was going through in his mind in that hotel room I thought the VC 'squatting in the bush, getting stronger' was the more viable way to go. Thank you for your comments; I'm glad you like the diorama. Have a great Memorial Day.

Semper Fi.

Manny

• 3 months later...

Its a very powerful movie even for those of us who just 'grew up Vietnam' (the sons and daughters of Vietnam veterans). Pretty sure my dad had taught me everything I needed to know by 7 years old including avenues of approach, fields of fire, and where to position myself should anyone try to get in the house among everything else.

Nicely done dioarama, creative adding in the VC guerillas, and hits the mark. 

There are so many quotable lines in that movie. Never get out of the boat is another.