Riker boxes of various Nations and eras

Old Marine

It have finally had a chance to organize and display some of the things I have picked up over the years.  Some things are older, some more recent, but some interesting pieces.

0CF11636-A834-4C66-8B9F-94AA71892FFC.jpeg

E05CD481-82A8-4452-A698-F96095D9A382.jpeg

Proud Kraut

The excellent arrangement of badges, patches and fotos reminds me much of one of the first collecting books I bought in the 80´s: "Military Collectibles" by Joe Lyndhurst. You have an outstanding collection of militaria! Althought I recognize at least most of the countries the insignia are from I would like to ask one question. I can´t ID the both insignia in the very small riker box above the two with (Regimental ?) number "269".

Old Marine

The blue badge is from the Spanish Falangist Army.   The regimental loops appear to be WWII German in style, material and construction. I have had those loops for as long as I can remember and I was never able to find any WHERMACHT 269 regiment.  

I posted them here for ID and one of the members here informed me that one of the Spanish Blue division's regiments was assigned the number 269 by the WHERMACHT while operating on the Eastern Front.  But, who knows for sure.  If they are indeed WHERMACHT issued regimental loops to the Blue Division I would imagine they are pretty rare.  

The smaller pin next to the blue badge is the Flangist symbol, but I think that is more of a political/party type pin than a military insignia.

Proud Kraut

Thanks for the ID, Dennis! Some incredible insignia! "Lexikon-der Wehrmacht" lists an Infanterie Ersatz (Replacement) Regiment 269 as part of the 269th Infantry Division. The Regiment was deployed 1939 in Oldenburg so these number loops could be very well from this unit.

Old Marine

Does it say if the 269 reserve regiment was ever deactivated, redesignated or absorbed in to another unit?  Is there any information after 1939? Trying to nail down this stuff, really is the fog of war.  I don’t know for sure that 269 was part of the Blue division.  But, they fit nicely in with the badge so, it’s better they get displayed.  

Proud Kraut

Both Regiments did exist. An Infantry Regiment 269 (Spanish 250. Division)

http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/Gliederungen/Infanterieregimenter/IR269.htm

And an Infantry Replacement Regiment 269

http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/Gliederungen/InfErsRgt/InfErsRgt269-R.htm

Let me know if you need any translation help.

Old Marine

I guess those tabs could have been used by either regiment.  Thank you for your help.  It’s amazing what turns up.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The backing fabric is an old US army blanket that was in bad condition.  I cut away the really moth eaten pieces, froze it for a week or so, to kill any other moth larvae and then hand washed it in cold water with "Woolite".  The old blanket works well and it’s better to salvage what I could.  

Really love those French medals! What era is your Legion of Honour from? That's on my bucket list! -grin- Always enjoy seeing them! What are the small medals in the French Riker?

I think the Legion of Honor medal is WWI vintage, but I am not positive.  The small medals in the French display are for contributing to the post WWI Widows and Orphans fund.  

• 3 weeks later...