20 Years of Collecting - Imperial Japanese Inert Ordnance

Airborne-Hunter

Airborne-Hunter

Over the last twenty years I have been fortunate to run across quite a bit of Japanese inert ordnance related items. And over the last month, for whatever reason, more has come out than I have ever found in such a short time frame. 

I'd like to start this thread off with the most recent find. This group originally came out of an estate sale and wound up at the areas largest flea market last week. It consists of three fuzes. One has its original Japanese shipping tin while two are in their original US bring home box dated 1945. The internal divider inside the box clearly bears a US Navy Contract number and each side has an original tag certifying each as inert. The tag mentions US Naval Amphibious Base 807 (NAB 807). This base was located on Ebeye Island which is about 5 miles North of Kwajalein. This coincides well with the writing on the top of the box. The fuzes are basically new old stock rendered inert and shipped home. Unfortunately, the name of the vet who brought these back has been lost to time. 

I will post more, better, images of these when I pull out the rest to showcase a comparison in the coming days. Best ABN

IMG_2777 (2).JPG

IMG_2771.JPG

IMG_2773.JPG

IMG_2774.JPG

IMG_2775 (2).JPG

IMG_2776.JPG

IMG_2778.JPG

IMG_2779.JPG

IMG_2780.JPG

IMG_2781.JPG

Fortunes Of War

Beautiful looking fuses; and with the bring back tags!  Nice!!