Israeli Patches, Small, What Are They Used For?

Otter42

Picked these up at an ASMIC show in Portland OR a couple years ago.   I  really like them, but the dealer didn't know what they were used for, and neither do I. Also would like to find more of them if anyone knows a source. They are small, about 1 1/2 × 1 15/16 inches. Any help would be appreciated,  thanks Ken. 

20210511_111836.jpg

20210511_111905.jpg

This is what he said:

These are squad level patches of individual divisions.

ie. lower right is 8th squad of 636 division. 

The "bat" is usually Air Defense

This is the most identifiable one. I'm guessing there are hundreds and hundreds of different ones 

These are so different from the the tags, (patches), they wear, very small. Attached photo is for size comparison.  Thanks for the info Working Dead. 

20210519_140601.jpg

• 3 months later...

It's a bit late but as said earlier these are very specific to small unit training or qualification courses. They are not standard army issue just something you can choose, like a T-shirt or a hat. They are not worn as part of uniform.

Steve.

• 2 months later...
  • Top left, Lions of the Golan (Battalion 17), probably the most 'Googleable' in English of the 4.
  • Top right, Acronym for 'Army Mechanical Equipment' unit 601, Combat engineers trained on D9s and the like
  • Bottom left, Wild Panthers, a Golani unit, bottom translates as Rifle 93, which would be a unit level ID
  • Bottom right, is upside down and wrong way round, Eagle Battalion - they are combat intelligence

Steve