Is this German Border Guard Camouflaged Beret legit or a fantasy piece?

Bravo Bandits

Bravo Bandits

I apologize if this is posted in the wrong place. With that said I have a border guard  jacket with the same camouflage pattern. I just cannot find any info on a border guard beret. So, is it legit or fantasy piece?    I appreciate your help.   Thanks!

IMG_0887.JPG

IMG_0889.JPG

Proud Kraut

I did some reseach and could not find any evidence for the use of swamp pattern camo berets by the Bundesgrenzschutz. Unfortunately I can´t tell you if this is a fantasy piece of if it was made for export.

Bravo Bandits
11 hours ago, Proud Kraut said:

I did some reseach and could not find any evidence for the use of swamp pattern camo berets by the Bundesgrenzschutz. Unfortunately I can´t tell you if this is a fantasy piece of if it was made for export.

I have looked at as many photos on line that I could find and I also found no evidence of the beret being worn. The beret was in the same box as the SS Smock I posted and I was hoping I found some hidden gems. With that said I was buying the Vietnam era items that he had  and all the rest were just extras.   I appreciate your help.  Thanks!

• 1 month later...
packratt713

You could buy these in the 90's at most of the surplus stores in Germany. When I was station there. I bought one my self but have since sold it.