Wish To Translate WW1 German Postcard Notation / E.K.II & Black Wound Badge

dpast32

First, please excuse my erroneous placement of the following Post, as I initially, & incorrectly posted it within one of my previous Post, rather than into it's own 'New Topic'. OK, so, here we go. 

©>>>  Good Morning Lars, & or anyone else here who may happen to view this Post. I'm interested in the below WW1 era Imperial German Soldier's Postcard / RPPC, & wish to determine exactly what's written on the reverse ? I assume the notation refers to the two Awards / Decorations the subject is exhibiting on his Tunic, but I'm wish to confirm exactly what it says ? If anyone would please be so kind as to translate this Card's inscription for me, I'd be very much appreciative. Also, if you happen to note anything else of interest regarding his Tunic, etc., I'll be interested in hearing that too. THANK YOU !!

Best,     Dom P.  /  dpast32

s-l1600 (86).jpg

s-l1600 (84).jpg

s-l1600 (85).jpg

Proud Kraut

Hi Dom, unfortunately I can´t comment on the uniform because I don´t recognize anything unusual. Is this a EK II ribbon?

The translation is rather easy today:

Zum steten Andenken

von Deinem Neffen

Gottfried Kaiser

In constant memory

from your nephew

Gottfried Kaiser

Hope this helps

Lars

I would say an EK2 ribbon with device, and a Black wound badge. Interesting that he is not wearing any regimental shoulder straps.

THANK YOU Gentleman, as always, your kind assistance is very much appreciated ! And yes, that's pretty much what I came up with, an EK II with 'some' sort of device, along with what appears to be a Black Wound Badge.

Best,   Dom Dom P.

Skysoldier80

My guess is a post WWI Soldier in the Weimar or some Freikorps unit with a EKII (with Iron cross device) and black private purchase Wound badge.