Hello from new member!

CamoCollector21

CamoCollector21

Hello!

Look forward to interacting with you all on here and learning about different types of militaria from around the world. 

I mainly focus on collecting modern era camouflage. Camouflage from from Denmark and South Africa are my main interests.

Main motivation for joining this forum is to find out more about some obscurer items in my collection. I'll post up some items from time to time. Any help you guys could offer would be most appreciated!

I'm also on the U.S militaria forum, screen name is SouthShore8754

Yes, I know my username on here is spelled wrong. Cut me some slack it was a long day lol 🥱

Fortunes Of War

Greetings and Welcome to the WMF!  Camo is a topic I find interesting, especially in my area of interest: Japanese Type 90 Helmets.  In that subject, there seems to be two polar opposite views: either the Japanese had camo helmets or they did not.  I don't find it that cut and dried.  Anyway, feel free to pop over to the Japanese Boards if you get the chance.

CamoCollector21

@Fortunes Of WarThanks for welcoming me to the forum.  I’ll have to take a look at the Japanese threads and see the camo helmets you have mentioned. Did not know they painted their helmets. 

There’s a lot of great museum quality stuff that’s posted on here. Very fortunate to have collectors documenting all these things for people to appreciate.

CamoCollector21
7 hours ago, Proud Kraut said:

Hello & welcome to the WMF. I like the Danish camo very much as well.

Thanks for welcoming me to the forum. 

That’s great that you also collect the m84 pattern. Nice to see other members who share similar interests.