Their Solemn Duty

ArtyScout

Your figures look awesome, Manny. I like the weathered camo smocks very much. The detail of the painting is amazing. I even can recognize the collar insignia, EK II ribbon and Panzerkampfabzeichen at the tank crew´s uniforms. Well done!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello All. I know its been awhile since I posted any WIP's but I've been busy elsewhere. Here is one of my street accessories. I'm not happy with the insignia on the Pak 40 ammo box so it will get replaced. I hope to be posting more pics soon. 

Semper Fi.

Manny

resized_20211027_233815 (2).jpg

Well I'm in the process of painting, weathering & putting together the ruins, but I did finish the destination sign post and like I noted before I replaced the insignia on the Pak 40 ammo box with a more adequate replacement, thanks to Archer Fine Transfers. I'll be posting some WIP pics later.

Semper Fi.

Manny

resized_20211105_233524.jpg

resized_20211103_214951.jpg

Hey everyone. I started the painting of and weathering of the building ruins. The building on the lower left is the original paint job surrounded by the the pieces that have only received a dry brushing as the first step of weathering. Next comes the dark wash along with some more highlighting and adding pastel and/or pigments. Then we put all the components together. As always all comments and critiques are greatly appreciated.

P.S. Tomorrow is the 246th birthday of the United States Marine Corps. To ALL my Marine brothers I wish you a Happy Birthday Leathernecks and "SEMPER FIDELIS".

Semper Fi.

Manny

resized_20211108_224232 (2).jpg

resized_20211108_231827.jpg

Nice work.  I am looking forward to seeing this one come to life.  In a bit of coincidence, I just started reading the "The Fall of Berlin", by Antony Beevor.  

Happy Birthday to you too Manny, and all the other Devil Dogs out there.  

Hey everyone; I'm almost finished with the ruined building. It still needs the rubble, some highlighting and pastel/pigment dust to finish it off. It's going to be tight but all the pieces seem to fit nicely. Especially when I add the figures. As always all comments and critiques are greatly appreciated.

Semper Fi.

Manny

resized_20211117_233424.jpg

resized_20211117_233508.jpg

Excellent painting and weathering, a great setting for your dio. Really looking forward to see these ruins together with the figures! Two questions: I would like to know the maker of the ruins and does these ruins have a brick structure on their back? Great job!

• 3 weeks later...

With Nazi Germany in its death throes, German pockets of resistance sprang up as they did 'Their Solemn Duty' to the 'Fatherland'. A Pz. III ausf M and a Pz. II Luchs prepare to take on the onslaught of the Red Army armor, while a Waffen-SS Pak 40 crew set up a strongpoint along with an MG 42 machine gun crew. I'm happy to finally have finished this diorama. I believe I'll be heading back to Southeast Asia for my next one. Hopefully it won't be as intricate as this one, enjoy. As always, all comments and critiques are greatly appreciated.

Semper Fi.

Manny

resized_20211207_231903.jpg

resized_20211207_232015.jpg

resized_20211207_233701.jpg

Great job!   Do you feel a kind of relief that its finished?  Or do you have a gnawing feeling like I can just touch it up here or there?   I was glad to get my diorama done.  Now I need to complete another one I started.

You finished another awesome dio, Manny! Excellent base with realistic ruins and rubble. Superb paintjob on the tanks and figures. This dio really tells a story, well done mate!

I will go through the 3 pages of this thread again now...

Please keep up your great word!

Lars

Another outstanding dio Manny.  I very much love the details and attention to the small things in your (Lars, Dennis, etc.) work.  It really brings these scenes to life and gives them a real sense of movement and realism.  Love seeing you guys and these builds, they always blow me away!

Thank you all. I'm glad you liked it. Custerman is right; sometimes you want to go back and touch up things. But sometimes you just have to stand back and say "It is done!"

Semper Fi.

Manny

You’re right Manny.  At some point you declare it’s finished and move on.  I have friend that never finished anything he was constantly tweaking and fooling with stuff, but nothing was never done.  

That’s great work.  I like it a lot.  Well done.