WWII Cloth/Bullion French Paratrooper Badge?

Kadet

I recently got this patch is a large WWII US airborne group that I bought from the family....what is it exactly? It seems French to me. It looks to have been worn on a uniform as the edges were once folded back and stitched to something.

IMG_0856.jpg

IMG_0857.jpg

I collect French paratrooper wings and have never come across something like this before with these small circular discs sewn along the ends of the wings.  It could be a WW2 era 1st RCP (1st Regiment de Chasseurs Parachutistes or 1st Parachute Infantry Regiment) but they are usually longer top to bottom then side to side (see link).   The bullion doesn't seem really old and tarnished enough for it to be a WW2 era piece as well.  I like the way it was folded into an elongated triangle.  Have you hit the back with a black light to see if it shines indicating the backing material is possibly a synthetic?   This is just a guess but this is probably an early post war stylized version of their basic paratrooper wing made overseas in one of many countries they colonized over the years.  The one country that I am aware of that has used these tiny circular discs in the design of their post war bullion paratrooper wings is Portugal.  The only other country is Hungary but only in their WW2 era bullion paratrooper wings.