Vintage Ammo Cartridge Clip Belt

AKA Colonel W Westlake

AKA Colonel W Westlake

Hello from Grand Rapids

My great, great uncle was Colonel William Westlake who was an Assistant to Director of Army Air Forces. He was a member of the "Quite Birdmen Group" and traveld the world. People he reported to included Hap Arnold. He traveled the world and amassed quite a collection of unique antiques.

I am attaching a photo of a Vintage Ammo Cartridge Clip Belt. I am trying to determine correct classification of this, approximate age, approximate value range, and would be interested in best place or places to post this for sale.

Here is some more info:

Vintage from the 1940's I believe.
Ammo belt appears to have the two halves stitched together. An interesting belt that I have not seen before. I believe this is most likely WW2 (possibly WWI) era due to color of webbing. Worn and good condition.

Ammo Pouch Size 23 1/4"x 6 3/4"

IMG_0841.JPEG

IMG_0842.JPEG

IMG_0843.JPEG

IMG_0844.JPEG

IMG_0845.JPEG

IMG_0846.JPEG

Proud Kraut

Hello and welcome to the World Militaria Forum!

I´m moving your topic to the "Can You ID?" section where it will draw more attention. If you belt is U.S. I recommend to post it also at our sister forum the U.S. Militaria Forum

https://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/

AKA Colonel W Westlake

Thank you for your reply and recommendation. I will also post on the sister site. 

Best regards,

Marshall Ryerson 

• 6 months later...

How big are the loops? They all appear to be the same size leading me to think it is a pouch to carry flares which would fit with him being in the AAF. I have seen similar pouches in aircraft emergency kits.