2nd Lt. T.R. Jones - WWI British War Medal

Candacestonestreet86

Candacestonestreet86

This is my first British medal in my collection. Awarded to 2nd Lt. T.R. Jones.

Part of my family are Jones so that's one of the reasons I got it.

Any info on this soldier would be greatly appreciated.

20210713_110000.jpg

20210713_110028.jpg

20210713_110050.jpg

Candacestonestreet86

The more I'm researching, it may be next to impossible to determine who they were without the service number.

Trevor Arendall

I will have to take a look at my resources in the morning. Might find something but  with such a common last name on an officer I would assume there will be more than one 2nd Lt with the name “T. R. Jones” who served in WW1. 

Is there anything stamped after the name? Typically, these would have a unit marked after the name. Jones is a VERY common name in England and STUPIDLY common among the Welsh. Unless we can narrow this hunt down significantly, the odds of identifying the original owner are miniscule. 

Allan

Trevor Arendall
8 hours ago, Allan H. said:

Is there anything stamped after the name? Typically, these would have a unit marked after the name. Jones is a VERY common name in England and STUPIDLY common among the Welsh. Unless we can narrow this hunt down significantly, the odds of identifying the original owner are miniscule. 

Allan

There usually isn’t a unit marking behind the name for officers on BWM or Victory medals. As far as I know the only officer campaign medals for WW1 with the unit after the name are the 1914 and 1914-15 stars. Both the BWM and Victory medal to officers will lack the unit unless they were in the RAF or RFC.

• 1 year later...
Candacestonestreet86

I think I've finally found the recipient of this medal!!!

His name was Thomas Reighton Jones Sr. He was in the Chinese Labour Corps during WWI and after the war immigrated to the US and became a Methodist Minister at Williamsville United Methodist Church in Williamsville, Illinois. During WWII he joined the US Army as a Chaplain and was stationed at Camp Murphy and Fort Ord as Chief of Chaplains. A lot of thanks goes to the people on British Medal Forum and US Militaria Forum for the help.

70366574_6169090c-29b6-4dd2-8133-3c846d1da143.jpeg

img.jpg.f15f4a622ba800c58de0abd11bf5b3ae.jpg

img.jpg.77c2ae732634464362e079e78084f8e0.jpg

7-faa0c0861f.jpg

6-4210d83e1d.jpg

6-ffc0ed9efb.jpg