SOS Show Finds...

Fortunes Of War

Fortunes Of War

Unfortunately, I did not go to the SOS this year, but I did get a bit of a debrief from a buddy who attended.  Here are some of the things he saw and/or purchased:

There were little to no Japanese dealers at the Show. That was a bit disappointing to hear but not surprising in light of things recovering from covid. The international contingent was pretty much a "no-show" On the other hand, that did not mean that Japanese items were not available. He found the minty-est stencil anchor he's ever seen. Along those lines, he picked up 2 or 3 other stencil anchor helmets. Army helmets priced over $700.00 did not sell. Good Luck Flags were available but were priced in the mid-to high $300.00's. 1000 Stitch Belts were also available but those were priced in the $250.00 range. He also found a rear ammo pouch with oiler and another separate oiler by itself. He also bought a parachute harness to go with a parachute he found.
Sorry I can't offer more in the way of goodies, but this is pretty much all that I remember. There was no feedback on swords/bayonets, medals and insignia, ordnance, or firearms. With the MAX Show just around the corner in its new venue, I'm hoping for an even better turnout in a few months.

MikeB

I had an excellent show.  Sold some stuff and bought some stuff.  What more could you want?  I agree that reasonably priced items sold well while overpriced items were laid back on the table.  I agree that the Japanese dealers were not there but there was Japanese stuff throughout the show for purchase.

I did pick up a nice early uniform and as soon as I get some photos I will post it.

vintageproductions
On 7/26/2021 at 11:23 AM, Fortunes Of War said:

Good Luck Flags were available but were priced in the mid-to high $300.00's.

MikeB

Prices sound way better then the semi-boring ones that sold at Centurion yesterday. One closed at $2300.00.

Fortunes Of War

Hey Sarge-

Glad you had a good show!  I'm looking forward to seeing your new uniform.

Bob-

There was a good luck flag that sold yesterday for $2300.00?  What was special about it?

vintageproductions
On 7/29/2021 at 10:07 AM, Fortunes Of War said:

Hey Sarge-

Glad you had a good show!  I'm looking forward to seeing your new uniform.

Bob-

There was a good luck flag that sold yesterday for $2300.00?  What was special about it?

Nothing, in fact it was kind of boring.

I think auction fever set in.

Fortunes Of War

The first thing that entered my mind after reading that was....I can't say it on the Forum!  That's insane for a run of the mill good luck flag.