M35 Luftschutzpolizei Helmet

SARGE

Gents,

I picked up a very nice Model 1935 "beaded" Luftschutzpolizei steel helmet with double decals at SOS last week that I thought I would show.  According to Ludwig Baer, "The History of the German Steel Helmet 1916-1945" the SHD (Air Raid Warning Service = Sicherheits und Hilfsdienst) was placed under the authority of the Police in 1942.  Most of the Luftschutz decals on helmets were then removed and replaced with standard Polizei decals.  This is one of those beaded Luftschutzpolizei helmets.  

This helmet has the later "bordered" police decals that are placed behind the air vent holes instead of being lapped over the bead below the air vents.  These decals are about 99% and the Police decal has a gold tint to it instead of the standard silver color to the eagle and borders.  The steel helmet interior has a painted issue number at the back of the flared skirt and maker numbers indicating manufacture by Emaillirwerk A.G., Fulda ("E.F.") are stamped in the sides.    It also has an undisturbed leather liner and chin strap.  There is also a Luftschutzpolizei rubber property stamp on the liner.  I also noticed the dealer had an identical helmet with a Feuerschutzpolizei rubber property stamp on the liner.  

I was happy to find this particular beaded helmet at the show.

LS Pol helm L.JPG

LS Pol helm R.JPG

LS Pol helm interior.JPG

LS Pol helm shell 2.JPG

LS Pol helm shell.JPG

LS Pol helm liner marking.JPG

LS Pol helm issue number.JPG

Thanks for the kudos gents.  I have been after a nice un-molested DD beaded police helmet for awhile and I was happy to find this one at the show.

Fortunes Of War

Sarge-

That's a beauty of a helmet!  I love the double decals and the overall condition.  Another great find..........