KRIEGSMARINE photos with Russian writing and stamps on the backside.

Bob Hudson

These are good quality period photographs. On the backside is what appears to be inspection stamps and writing in Russian Cyrillic.

Was this captured film the Soviets ended up with?

KM photos 0.JPEG

KM photos 1.JPEG

KM photos 9.JPEG

KM photos 10.JPEG

Jack the Collector

Bob,the Russians duplicated all captured photos and film for an post war archive.Some were marked and some are not.Over the past few years they have gotten a bad reputation because the unscrupulous dealer have sold them to folks as original German photos.

21 hours ago, Jack the Collector said:

Bob,the Russians duplicated all captured photos and film for an post war archive.Some were marked and some are not.Over the past few years they have gotten a bad reputation because the unscrupulous dealer have sold them to folks as original German photos.

Any one read Russian? It'd be nice to know what's stamped on the back: all of the photos have the same cyrillic stamp except for one photo of Hitler, which has a red stamp on the back.

c.jpg

Found a couple more photos from this batch: notice the sub crew wearing what look like cowboy hats:

b.jpg

a.jpg

34 minutes ago, daskrieg said:

Blue print: pogasheno- redeemed/ cancelled

Red print: snyato s ucheta- removed from the register

Thank you so much: so these are original German photos with Soviet handling marks. 

Is that Kriegsmarine officers in the photo with AH?

They are Kriegsmarine officers with Hitler.

I have found although these photos are cool, I believe them all reprints and I do believe they are all post 1945..

Jack the Collector

Bob the Russian archive photos like yours are easy to spot even if they are not marked.Thicker and low quality paper compared to Afga paper commonly used by the Germans.They also have a specific yellow hue to the paper from age.Almost like a manila paper in texture,color and thickness.As I stated in my first post,they were duplicated by the Russians for an archive.Why they would use such a cheap paper for an archive is beyond me.

The KM officer behind Hitler is Karl-Jesko Otto Robert von Puttkamer,Admiral who was naval adjutant to Adolf Hitler during World War II.

6 hours ago, Jack the Collector said:

Why they would use such a cheap paper for an archive is beyond me.

Well they've held up well since WWII:They were in a photo album with vinyl sleeves and when you took a photo out of the sleeve the photo was sticky all over. I decided to use one of the photos as a guinea pig: I have a bottle of hand sanitizer in my shop (80& alcohol) and I sprayed some on a paper towel and rubbed that on the photo. It worked - the sticky was gone and there was no noticeable impact on the photo at all.