BW Badge for Military Proficiency

SARGE

Gents,

This is a German Armed Forces (Bundeswehr) Badge for Military Proficiency that I picked up at SOS.  It requires the completion of various athletic events and military related tasks by the soldier and comes in three classes of Gold, Silver, and Bronze.  This is the bronze version and is a pin back that features an eagle in an oval wreath of oak leaves.  It can also be awarded to foreign military who successfully complete the course of tasks to quality for issue.

BW Sport badge.JPG

BW Sport badge back.JPG

BW Sport badge pin.JPG

Proud Kraut

Sarge, thanks for starting a "Leistungsabzeichen" topic! The so called "Butterorden" can be achieved/awarded each year so golden variations with numbers from 5 to 35 or 40 do exist. Proficiency badges with the letter "R" are for reserve personnel. If you don´t mind, I´m adding some more variants here. And if you still need a silver and golden one please PM me your address; I`ll send you a set.

Leistungsabzeichen 1.jpg

Proud Kraut

Countless variations of different makers do exist. Some examples (f.l.t.r.) OLC, Klein & Quenzer, CP, Assmann. Also depicted 3 15mm pins for wear on civilian clothes.

Leistungsabzeichen 3.jpg

Leistungsabzeichen 4.jpg

Thanks for jumping in with the variations.  I was hoping someone would add to my post.  👍

Proud Kraut

Here are two more bronze variants. Unfortunately I couldn´t ID the makers by the markings yet. Left marking looks like a window, right one seems to be "DI". Maybe one of the medal gurus can help?

Leistungsabzeichen 6.jpg

Leistungsabzeichen 7.jpg

With the help of seeing your badge marks I can finally make out that OLC was the maker of my badge.