Cuban Guards Badges. A real mystery....

Boy Howdy

I recently acquired these 2 badges from the bay.

I know they are Cuban Guards badges but I cannot find any information as to who would have been awarded this badge and why.

Also I cannot find 1 picture of a Cuban veteran wearing one.

I have looked on other forums but no information is forthcoming.

I was wondering if I can get some answers here from our Cuban military aficionado's?

Thank you all in advance.

Recientemente adquirí estas 2 insignias de la bahía.

Sé que son insignias de la Guardia Cubana, pero no puedo encontrar ninguna información sobre a quién se le habría otorgado esta insignia y por qué.

Además, no puedo encontrar una foto de un veterano cubano con uno.

He buscado en otros foros pero no hay información disponible.

Me preguntaba si puedo obtener aquí algunas respuestas de nuestro aficionado militar cubano.

Gracias a todos de antemano.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

• 1 month later...

Found this on line. Only mention of a Guards unit in Cuba I've ever seen.

"2nd Guards Aviation Brigade Girón Beach[edit]

The Playa Girón Guard Aviation Brigade, based in San Antonio de los Baños, is an elite unit of the DAAFAR. The San Antonio de los Baños air base was built at the end of the Second World War. In 1976, the unit stationed that received the current name of the Playa Girón Guards Aviation Brigade. In April 1961, was responsible for the defense of Cuba during the Bay of Pigs Invasion.[13] Among its notable members was Cuban cosmonaut Arnaldo Tamayo Méndez. It is a recipient of the Antonio Maceo Order, which was awarded to it in 2014 on its 55th anniversary.[14] In October 2019, the regiment called for the immediate release of former Brazilian President and leader of the Workers Party, Luis Inacio Lula da Silva.[15]"

Hello, unfortunately i can confirm that we have no evidence that this badge was ever used in the Cuban armed forces. I also confirm that there is no connection between the air base, its name and the badge mentioned