Pith Helmet in Photo of 1909 Coldstream Guard in Egypt

Hoping that some here may be able to help me. This photo shows a Lieutenant in the Coldstream Guards -- taken "on trek" when he was serving in Egypt in the first half of 1909. I'm trying to find out what version of Pith Helmet he is wearing here. If anyone can help with color photos of one like this, that'd be great. Hoping that Sis can make a miniature one eventually, but having spent some afternoons looking at British Pith Helmets . . . there are a number of types! Thanks in advance.

ETA: A second pic shows him in the helmet again, and you can see the band a lot better there.

image.png.716251e6e01940637a2f61d30e352e26.png

image.png.055fe3ec2427ad323f120492aceec0f0.png

• 3 months later...

hi, he is wearing two different helmets in the pics, the first is the wolsely pattern, the second is the sola pith type, probably a cawnpore tent club helmet as they were known if it is early as you suggest

p 2.jpg

RAOC 1.jpg

• 1 year later...

Thank you so much for posting this! I'm not sure how I missed this response originally and only just found it. Great to see it in color. Is the helmet as light-weight as it looks?

Both photos of the Lieutenant above were definitely taken in the first half of June 1909. Thankfully, his brother dated them in a family album!