How about adding a subtopic for non-field uniforms ?

usmedalman

I am posting these pictures with the suggestion that we should add a subtopic to cover the standard NVA uniforms that are not the typical camouflage field uniforms. 

This is in excellent condition looks unissued. NVA drillich uniform for Air Force corporal. Date code for jacket is pretty lightly stamped but I can make out the year as "A" for 1977. The date code on the pants is clearly III / A for the 3rd quarter of 1977. Made of what the East Germans called Dederon which was a cotton/poly blend for summer wear. Size for both jacket and pants are m48 which is about a US medium. This uniform went through several changes between 1956 and 1979 when it was discontinued.

Subdued insignia was worn for a brief period in the early 1960s but otherwise the normal insignia was worn as it was intended as a light weight summer duty uniform.

IMG_4341.JPG

IMG_4342.JPG

IMG_4343.JPG

IMG_4344.JPG

A good suggestion.  We are discussing it now.

Also, a nice set of Summer weight tunic and trousers.  As you pointed out, a long serving uniform worn by the NVA and the MdI.  

Here is a Summer weight example worn by a Grenzer NCO.  Notice that this tunic has the sleeve cuffs that button like your Air Force example.  Worn for a long time with some subtle changes as you say.  This one was worn before the institution of the cuff title.  

I also have an example with no cuff buttons that was worn by a Volkspolizei NCO that is property marked to the MdI.  

DDR Grenz Summer Tunic.JPG

DDR Grenz Summer tunic back.JPG

DDR Grenz Summer tunic collar tab.JPG

OK, in response to your request we have created a new "DDR UNIFORMS" sub-section.  Good idea!

Give me a bit of time to move some uniform topics into this new section.