Highly Decorated German Panzerjager Officer ID?

tom63

Can anyone identify this WW2 Panzerjager officer?  He appears to have the Knights Cross, German Cross, and Honor Roll Clasp among other awards.

officer.jpg

I did a quick online research and found several pointer to a Panzerjaeger-Schule in Mielau, later Grafenwoehr. From 1944 until the end of the war CO of the PzJgS was Oberst Erich Geffers. I can´t tell you if this is the officer but maybe it´s a starting point for further research.

Thanks for the pointer.  My attempts at online research don't usually go very far.  Invariably the search leads to data or a document that is in German which I don't speak or read.   Never seen so many acronyms and abbreviations! 😯

16 hours ago, tom63 said:

Thanks for the pointer.  My attempts at online research don't usually go very far.  Invariably the search leads to data or a document that is in German which I don't speak or read.   Never seen so many acronyms and abbreviations! 😯

Yep, the US Army issued a whole good size Field Manual on German military acronyms and abbreviations during the war.  And they were often just trying to read captured maps.

21 hours ago, tom63 said:

Please feel free to contact me if you need support when translating German documents.

• 4 months later...
Fortunes Of War

Great image Tom!  Wow, this guy must have done it all!  His uniform decorations certainly point to that....