Fake reproduction or genuine?

Garandrew

Assman marked badge (this mark is quite prevalent) and the rivets style is specific to this maker and look correct to me. The hinge and catch also appear correct for this maker (see page 247 of Combat Badges on the Third Reich volume II by Previtera for an example similar to this one).

Having said that, badges scare the heck out of me as well and the finish or wear on the obverse of this one looks a little funky, but it could be just lighting. I would ask for many more pics in different lighting before I would jump in, but again, at least it has the right rivets, hinge, and catch for this maker, and I am leaning toward probably real. 

I don't believe it is a fake. I see a perfectly fine original early buntmetal badge for a Luftwaffe Radio Operator with some key characteristics for this maker. Value is what someone will pay. You wont always get market. That said, sold originals from dealers show these from at the low end of $250 up to $650. Again those are sold prices. 

This style of rivet head is typical on this badge and a good sign.

Jack the Collector

Radio Operator

1 hour ago, warguy said:

Assman marked badge (this mark is quite prevalent) and the rivets style is specific to this maker and look correct to me. The hinge and catch also appear correct for this maker (see page 247 of Combat Badges on the Third Reich volume II by Previtera for an example similar to this one).

Having said that, badges scare the heck out of me as well and the finish or wear on the obverse of this one looks a little funky, but it could be just lighting. I would ask for many more pics in different lighting before I would jump in, but again, at least it has the right rivets, hinge, and catch for this maker, and I am leaning toward probably real. 

Understand I am not arguing with you in the least.....I am a civil/political collector.However been in the hobby a while.I want to learn and this badge will be a great tool for that.All the comparable's  I can recall(and my memory ain't what it used to be),I would expect for an Assman marked Radio Operator to be on the wreath and the rivets to be much flatter....

I agree with everything snake36 said regarding the badge and its value. I am not being critical or offensive but It is funny that concerns have been voiced about the rivets, as these particular rivets are the first thing I look for on Assman made badges. If the rivets didn’t look like this on a badge with this mark, I would say that would be a big red flag. Again, I think with the additional pics it is a good badge showing a fair bit of wear across the surfaces and that the value is probably in the lower end of the range provided by snake36. Kevin