Can anyone help me?

CoreyL

I bought these for 85$ over the weekend and would like some information on what exactly they are… I found the collar ones online but I have no idea what the shoulder boards are. Thanks. 

CB2A5882-A879-44F1-96E9-EBC3A5CE11B8.jpeg

4E24EC0C-6F05-4764-8026-28CFD4B6E63E.jpeg

Collar tabs are for a General of Police, General der Polizie prior to switch to SS style collar tabs, pre-1942. Ordnungspolizie. These are wonderful examples too despite having likely been rubber banded together causing the compression to the buckram and cloth. 

The shoulder boards meanwhile are from the German railway police, Bahnschutzpolizie and are also the earlier version.

20 minutes ago, snake36bravo said:

Collar tabs are for a General of Police, General der Polizie prior to switch to SS style collar tabs, pre-1942. Ordnungspolizie. These are wonderful examples too despite having likely been rubber banded together causing the compression to the buckram and cloth. 

The shoulder boards meanwhile are from the German railway police, Bahnschutzpolizie and are also the earlier version.

What do these typically sale for? I only paid 85$ for them yesterday.

3 minutes ago, CoreyL said:

What do these typically sale for? I only paid 85$ for them yesterday.

Yeah you did incredibly well. 

I always say this because value is not what you necessarily ask, rather what someone is willing to pay. Previous up to $1500 but these also have sold for as little as $250. The collar tabs predate the more popular SS style that was adopted however they are not commonly encountered. 

Even some of the heavy hitters are our on those boards - Some attribute them to Weimer Polizei. Others to Schutzenverein (shooting clubs) Here are some similar pairs. There is a chance these are Weimar era and Prussian Polizei. Very interesting and very obscure.

I am still inclined to appraise your collar tabs on the high end of my quote to you because the green on the collar tabs is not the deeper green attribute to Weimar era but to 3rd Reich Polizei. If you're looking to flip them try the marshalls baton. These are in his area of expertise.

These were from William Kramer

post-8708-0-73287300-1349587988.jpg.f0b25f5ae82b071db23057ea1e29464f.jpg

Another set higher rank

post-160-1235245036.jpg.fa3e1a65459594ae64c43e4dbb79eb7a.jpg

22 minutes ago, snake36bravo said:

Even some of the heavy hitters are our on those boards - Some attribute them to Weimer Polizei. Others to Schutzenverein (shooting clubs) Here are some similar pairs. There is a chance these are Weimar era and Prussian Polizei. Very interesting and very obscure.

I am still inclined to appraise your collar tabs on the high end of my quote to you because the green on the collar tabs is not the deeper green attribute to Weimar era but to 3rd Reich Polizei. If you're looking to flip them try the marshalls baton. These are in his area of expertise.

These were from William Kramer

post-8708-0-73287300-1349587988.jpg.f0b25f5ae82b071db23057ea1e29464f.jpg

Another set higher rank

post-160-1235245036.jpg.fa3e1a65459594ae64c43e4dbb79eb7a.jpg

Marshalls baton? Is that a user I could ask? These are the first TR uniform items I’ve purchased so I have no idea what they are.

I can only confirm these are not WWII Police General Officer shoulder boards.  The most logical theory I have heard put forward is that they are club boards such as from a shooting or hunting club.  There are a variety of variations of this style board.

I think the boards are probably worth the money you paid for them but they are not WWII Polizei.