M40 LUFTWAFFE by EF

Paddyd00

Here is a Regular Luftwaffe M40 by the Fulda Factory.  Emailierwerk Factory helmets a lesser seen as are helmets by N.S. (Vereinigte Deutsche Nickelwerke in Schwerte Germany).  We see alot of ETs and Qs ... etc.  This one has the EF Factory "Bird" only seen on EF Lufts. Helmet was probably barely used looking at the liner.  Time and Closet scuffs just got to the rest of the lid over 80 years.  Chinstrap is snapped.  Thanks for taking a look

Z

IMG_0317.JPG

IMG_0311.JPG

IMG_0313.JPG

IMG_0315.JPG

IMG_0325.JPG

IMG_0338.JPG

IMG_4716.jpg

Just now, jmd62 said:

Very nice, I've always had a soft spot for those LW M40's. Thanks for sharing!

The most common combat helmet.  I took these for granted early on. The streets were paved with these. As I grew as a collector I just learned to drop that misconception and love the look. They are beautiful. The blue. The air force insignia. Just great. 

Good ones are drying up past year. Collectors holding onto them. Prices  for these have shot up too. 

theu mysterious trends of the market will always haffle me haha

thanks for the comments and hold onto your Lufts!

Z

Fortunes Of War

I'm glad you posted this helmet.  I just picked up one this week; I'll post it once it arrives.  One of the first Nazi helmets I ever saw as a kid in the late 1960's was a single decal LW in nice bring-back condition.  The vet was willing to sell it to me, but I first had to figure out how to come up with $50.00 to buy it.  I had a lawn mowing business at the time, and figured I would have to cut grass from sun up to sun down in order to get enough money for it.  Added to that, I had no idea whether the price was reasonable or not.  In the end, I passed....    

5 hours ago, Fortunes Of War said:

I'm glad you posted this helmet.  I just picked up one this week; I'll post it once it arrives.  One of the first Nazi helmets I ever saw as a kid in the late 1960's was a single decal LW in nice bring-back condition.  The vet was willing to sell it to me, but I first had to figure out how to come up with $50.00 to buy it.  I had a lawn mowing business at the time, and figured I would have to cut grass from sun up to sun down in order to get enough money for it.  Added to that, I had no idea whether the price was reasonable or not.  In the end, I passed....    

haha. Great story. But $50 bux a lot do a kid. Especially for an old army helmet. Thanks for sharing and post up the Luft when it arrives!

Z