The cameras of the RAD

Gwar

I usually view my photos by scanning them at high resolution ( 600- 1200 DPI ) this helps in achieving a crisp image and then I am able to expand the photo for close inspection.

I will be be posting photographs of the RAD and will update daily... G

001.jpg

001a.png

Fortunes Of War

Hey G-

Those images are crystal clear; thanks for posting.  Yes, if the term "stink eye" applied to anyone, it would be to the fellow in that last photo!  The other guys around him look pretty shaken...

7 hours ago, Old Marine said:

Those are very good photos with lots of detail.  Thanks for posting them.  What is the swastika badge in the last two photos?  

On the occasion of the transfer of the former Anhaltinian State Labor Service for Men into the Reichsarbeitsdienst and with approval from the Reichstatthalter for Braunschweig and Anhalt and in agreement with the Reichsarbeitsführer, on 30 September 1933 a badge has been instituted that is to maintain the memory of the Anhaltinian Labor Service as Germany's first state institution of this kind and the nucleus of the Reichsarbeitsdienst.

The Anhaltinian Labor Service Commemorative Badge is made of metal. It consists of a Swastika upon which a circular disc with the interlocked letters "AAD" (Anhaltischer Arbeitsdienst) is placed. It is awarded in gold, silver and bronze.

Those whose work for the Labor Service had taken place in its founding year of 1932 may be awarded the Labor Service Commerative Badge with the number 1932.
The requirement for the bestowal of the Commemorative Badge is that the person who is to be awarded it had either served with the Anhaltinian State Labor Service for Men for at least 20 weeks and has conducted himself well during this period or, alternatively, had done crucial work for the establishment of the State Labor Service and thus gained particular merit in its interest.

Considering that the former labor service camp at Hammerstein had provided manifold impulses during the creation of the Anhaltinian State Labor Service at Großkühnau, the Commerative Cross may also be awarded to members of this camp if they had served there during the year of 1932, the founding year of the Anhaltinian State Labor Service for Men.

Furthermore, the Commemorative Cross may be awarded to those members of the Anhaltinian State Labor Service for Men who had not yet been members of the Anhaltinian Labor Service for 20 weeks at the time of its transfer to the Reich if they had subsequently served the remaining period of time in the Reichsarbeitsdienst immediately afterwards and had also conducted themselves well there."

image_1406986.jpg

Picture 231.jpg

OIP2.jpg

aad.jpg

Fortunes Of War

Ah hah... Yep, you can see the fellow in the line lifting back his boot.  Thanks for the clarification.

• 2 weeks later...
Jack the Collector
On 10/13/2021 at 6:18 PM, Gwar said:

Really nice photographs Jame ! I especially like this one, it is Generalarbeitsfuhrer Wilhelm Klein, Arbeitsgau XXI Niederrhein

Thanks Gwar,nice to have a name with a face.When I saw your post,I started looking through my RAD  photos and did not realize how many I have.I have an album I forgat I had.Will try to photograph it and post.

• 3 weeks later...