Luftwaffe Paratrooper Helmet

Fortunes Of War

Fortunes Of War

While I wait for my single decal, 1940 Luftwaffe helmet to arrive, I decided to post some images of my Luftwaffe Single Decal Paratrooper Helmet.  It's an M38 pattern with pretty good paint remaining. The Luftwaffe eagle is a second model/pattern and is in very good condition. The harness assembly is the first pattern with friction buckle and early style spanner bolts.  The interior is complete with its pattern liner, aluminum band and post 1940 black rubber padding; the leather is a bit dry as you can see from the image.  

IMG_0567 (2).JPG

IMG_0568 (2).JPG

IMG_0569 (3).JPG

IMG_0570 (2).JPG

IMG_0571 (2).JPG

Very Nice Mike .... I don not collect these .... yet.  But they are very desirable among many and why not..... the elite troops wore these and a great look this one has... nice wear throughout.  I cant authenticate this one as I would not know what I am talking about.  I find the only way I learn is researching lids that I am purchasing.  So I imagine one day I will be "hitting the books" on Paras.  Good looking pot!

Z

Fortunes Of War

I totally agree with you there, Zach.  I had a good friend in the hobby who used to tell me, "Buy the book before you buy the coin!"  That advice has always been solid and has prevented me from spending too much on bad pieces.  It's better to be informed, even a little, and then buy what you think is good, rather than guessing and finding out something was not right.

• 1 month later...