Mock Up German Tanks From Films.

patches

There are a few over the years right, here's one, perhaps one of the earliest.

It's from the 1959 Soviet film Ballad of  Soldier. A Mock up of a Tiger I on a Soviet T-34 Tank.

800px-Ballada_o_soldate-T34-Tiger-2.jpg

800px-Ballad-fakeTiger.jpg

tballada_o_soldate-t34-tiger-3.jpg

Anyone who is familiar  with this movie, knows its a story of a young Red Army Soldier who stands his ground and destroys a German Tank, and as a reward gets a leave, and story follows  him on his leave, and the trouble he has of getting home and the people he meets along the way.

He knocks out two Tiger with an Anti Tank Rifle,  yeah he fires one shot into the front bottom of it as its heading straight for him,, unlikely a 14.5×114mm  would of penetrated the 100mm Frontal Armor of a Tiger I, maybe it could penetrate the bottom???  but the second one, suppsbly hits in the side hull.

And way here some still of him

boas00px-Ballada.jpg

boas.jpg

Speaking of A Bridge Too Far, there where a quite a few Mock Up AFV used in the 9th SS Reconnaissance Battalion's attack over the bridge, one made up we should think to look like a Marder Tank Hunter vehicle and other made up to look like the 4 Wheel and 8 Wheel Armored Cars. Though I have no idea on what real vehicles these mock up where made off of.

Found a load of images of these vehicles.

btf 1.PNG

btf3.jpg

btf4.jpg

btf5.jpg

Second batch

This is the coolest, a Metal Mesh Screen Mock up as seen on the turrets of original Sd.Kfz. 222 Armored Cars, but as we see, totally mis designed

BTF 2.jpg

19 hours ago, earlymb said:

Dutch army Leopard I used as a 'Panther' in A Bridge too Far:

1ytfqjua3k601.jpg

I always thought these were supposed to be Tiger Royals of what I know now was the Army's 506th Heavy Panzer Battalion 261378395_emoticonlaugh.png.8b30f0dca2f95e6a7656a1348900ade4.png.

Was there an original Sd.Kfz 251 Half Track we see, or was that a mock up too? The Kubelwagen, looks original or a more contemporary (1970s) made one at least.

Like this one from 1975.

vw-kubel-001-01b59216.jpg

Very nice, patches! VW 181 (new Kuebel) was my first thought too. The chassis of the mock-up Marder seems to be a Hotchkiss Type 42-1 "Cargo" with 4 road wheels.

10 hours ago, Proud Kraut said:

Very nice, patches! VW 181 (new Kuebel) was my first thought too. The chassis of the mock-up Marder seems to be a Hotchkiss Type 42-1 "Cargo" with 4 road wheels.

Here's a few views of the Hotchkiss for reference sake. No doubt they did an extesive reworking of it to look like a Marder.

4697.jpg

image.jpg

Found more from your more unfamiliar modern films.

Battle of Moscow a Soviet one from 1985, Mark IV G, but the Mark IV G was not out yet in late 1941, nor was for that matter the earlier Mark IV F2, the first to have the long barreled 75mm gun on it 2010908735_emoticonlaugh.png.31eff14a887f18ca3c62daffe4fbe068.png

The insignia on the tank is for what I can tell, the one for the 29th Infantry Division (Motorized) the Falcon right, but it as you all know would not be applied in the place it is in the center of the front hull. Die Falke Division, insignia carried over to when this division was reraised in France in 1943 as a Panzer Grenadier Division after it was destroyed at Stalingrad and ultimately fighting in Italy for the rest of the War.

mPgLtn8 (1).jpg

3 hours ago, patches said:

Found more from your more unfamiliar modern films.

Battle of Moscow a Soviet one from 1985, Mark IV G, but the Mark IV G was not out yet in late 1941, nor was the Mark IV F2 2010908735_emoticonlaugh.png.31eff14a887f18ca3c62daffe4fbe068.png

The insignia on the tank is for what I can tell, the one for the 29th Infantry Division (Motorized) the Falcon right, but it as you all know would not be applied in the place it is in the center of the front hull. Die Falke Division, insignia carried over to when this division was reraised in France in 1943 as a Panzer Greadier Division after it was destroyed at Stalingrad and ultimately fighting in Italy for the rest of the War.

mPgLtn8 (1).jpg

Die Falke Division

1200px-29th_Infanterie_Division_Logo.svg.png

And this one, yet another Mock Tiger, this is from a 2013 Russian one Stalingrad, again errors, as no Tiger Battalions and or Independent Companies or Detachment/Platoon were ever there 1665973391_emoticonlaugh.png.63d25be8f3910e147896258532d19e9b.png

FVgfo47.jpg

One of the Mock up Tiger I's from Saving Private Ryan, Tom Hanks going out in the Blaze of Glory firing his 45 at it.

Note what looks like a wood or cardboard panel with the vision port drawn/painted on the front hull.

unnamed.jpg

In the above topic I said "One of the Mock up Tiger I's" Because there seem to one more, this one, see how it does have a real mock Vision Port on the front, not like the one with Tom Hanks.

unnamed (1).jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Remembered this one, a Mock Up of a Armored Car of sorts from The Dirty Dozen, it arrives as you remember when the mission gets in full swing and reinforcements are called for by the Germans, it is based on a Daimler Scout Car it says.

Daimler car mock.jpg

Daimler car mock up.jpg