Mock Up German Tanks From Films.

patches

Just now, patches said:

Remembered this one, a Mock Up of a Armored Car of sorts from The Dirty Dozen, it arrives as you remember when the mission gets in full swing and reinforcements are called for by the Germans, it is based on a Daimler Scout Car it says.

Daimler car mock.jpg

Daimler car mock up.jpg

The Daimler Scout Car its says based on

61LpSqiO+mL._AC_SX679_.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Here's two Mock Up German Tanks. 

From the 1956 movie ATTACK.

Jack Palance's  Lt. Joe Costa bails off of a tank he just knocked out with a grenade, no idea what this is this mock up is based off of.

71PUnHJWlhL._SL1426_.jpg.ab871e1433b04242ef767de2fb9f9cd8.jpg

But this one we clearly see is a built over Stuart Tank, the infamous scene where Lt Costa gets hit by this tank and runs over his arm as he tries to knock it out with a Bazooka.

stuart tank attack 1956.PNG

And this one from a 1983 WWII Period Horror movie with Jürgen Prochnow, Gabriel Byrne, Scott Glenn, The Keep.

Here we see a Mock Up Sd.Kfz. 222 Armored Car, did a very good job building it,, the turret in particular with it's Mesh Screen cover, though it's the vision ports they blew, they made one big one on the front when there are two small ones and mis designed the side ones .

the keep 1983 Sd.Kfz. 222.jpg

the-keep-1983-tank-fb.jpg

15 hours ago, patches said:

But this one we clearly see is a built over Stuart Tank, the infamous scene where Lt Costa gets hit by this tank and runs over his arm as he tries to knock it out with a Bazooka.

stuart tank attack 1956.PNG

Found another Still of the Stuart Mock Up.

hqdefault.jpg

8 hours ago, patches said:

And this one from a 1983 WWII Period Horror movie with Jürgen Prochnow, Gabriel Byrne, Scott Glenn, The Keep.

Here we see a Mock Up Sd.Kfz. 222 Armored Car, did a very good job building it,, the turret in particular with it's Mesh Screen cover, though it's the vision ports they blew, they made one big one on the front when there are two small ones and mis designed the side ones .

the keep 1983 Sd.Kfz. 222.jpg

the-keep-1983-tank-fb.jpg

Possibly the same vehicle was used for "Lieutenant Gruber's Little Tank" of the BBC series 'Allo 'Allo... one of my all-time favorites!

i109725.jpg.deb614b3ade081e80969425bad620cae.jpg

es6c8f51qag51.jpg.e9f588a16d2da3d2717b2e7bad8f5025.jpg

On 11/27/2021 at 3:32 AM, earlymb said:

Possibly the same vehicle was used for "Lieutenant Gruber's Little Tank" of the BBC series 'Allo 'Allo... one of my all-time favorites!

i109725.jpg.deb614b3ade081e80969425bad620cae.jpg

es6c8f51qag51.jpg.e9f588a16d2da3d2717b2e7bad8f5025.jpg

Yes indeed, looks like the exact same car.

• 1 month later...

A Mock Up 1969 The Battle of Britain, a U.S. M37 Self Propelled Howitzer gets the Hollywood treatment, a new cannon with Muzzle , we guess to make it a 75mm, but then the Germans had nothing remotely looking like this in 1939-40. Production probably got these from the Spanish Army, they used the type in the 50s and 60s.

BoBritain_M37_01.jpg

From the 1969 movie Battle of Neretva

T-34's made up as German Tanks unless the idea was these were captured T-34s used in Yugoslavia by the Germans.

T-34-BN.jpg

• 1 month later...

A Sherman masquerading as what? A Mark IV F2 LOL LOL  the movie is Death Race 1973.

MV5BOGQ5NTNmZTUtMTE4NS00NmZmLWE0NjAtZTk2NjBlM2UxZmE1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzk5MDQ0NA@@._V1_.jpg

MV5BYWI5YjE5OWUtNDRlOS00OGJmLTk2MTYtYWEzZDgxNGQ5NjFlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzk5MDQ0NA@@._V1_.jpg

original_deathrace3.jpg

A couple of U.S. M7 Self Propelled Artillery vehicles, The Priests, modified to be German in the American 1960s T.V. series The Rat Patrol.

German_tank_mockup.jpg

Preppy Picker

I remember those old Rat Patrol shows and I was so happy to see at least an attempt at a real German vehicle in Kelly’s Heroes.

And the Battle of Britain movie!

These 2 movies raised the bar for reality.

Lack of funds.

The M38 from the Patton movie.

17C22376-C509-4A11-B711-FB2F6432693E.jpeg

1 hour ago, SARGE said:

Notice the General's collar tabs are sewn on upside down.  Fire that military advisor. 

The director thought they looked better upside down is one explanation. At least they are general’s insignia. Back in those days it really didn’t matter but as a young teenager in the 60s I had already built every model of German vehicle and knew these vehicles were wrong.

In my basement I had built a 1/72 scale  desert scene. Had a couple of war gaming friends over and we would argue what vehicles were present at any time and during which battles. I remembering finding information from a picture book series, a US Army encyclopedia type of books that Tiger tanks were in North Africa. There was a semi blurry picture of one knocked out in Tunis. So we knew some basics were wrong in these movies.

Lets throw this Italian Tank in here, and a GI Quad 50 too, TOBRUK the 1967 movie LOL. Ah if the Eye-Ties only had these tanks back then in Africa and Russia LOL

Tobruk1967tank.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Tiger Is mock up, and a U.S. Chaffee masquerading as a Panther in the 1967 The Night of the Generals. it is believed on one modeling site that the Chaffee is one of those used in movie IS PARIS BURNING? for use in  Night of the Generals it was given a Splotch Camo  job.

The_Night_of_the_Generals-Tank-1.jpg

The_Night_of_the_Generals-Tank-4.jpg

The_Night_of_the_Generals-Tank-6.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

A Mock up Tiger again, this time from the 1964 movie on the Italian Army in Russia, Attack and Retreat. Great photo otherwise as we see the scope of the picture in it's immensity, see off in the snow covered distance the huge amount of men and vehicles on the move.

attack and retreat tank i.jpg

9 hours ago, Proud Kraut said:

The Pz III is extremely well done. If it hadn´t these tracks one could think it´s real. Thanks for sharing!

Yes, the treads look like ones from the American M113 Armored Personnel Carrier.

AFV-AF35306.jpg