Funny Story From When I Was Stationed in Germany Traveling Thru Switz.

kfields

In 1977, when stationed at Panzer Kaserne, Germany, 3 of my buddies and I decided to drive down in my car to see the Grand Prix of Monaco. Driving thru Switzerland late at night, we got caught up in a road convoy of Swiss military vehicles. Not sure why but they flagged us down and directed us to a large tent where some serious uniformed fellows questioned us. Seems we had got lost and ended up in some sort of Swiss military maneuver area. Never was clear to me. We showed them our ID cards, told them where we were heading ( they smiled and laughed) and sent us on our way!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Actually it was pretty nice! We ended up sleeping on the beach while we were there. No Princess Caroline but we did see Grace Kelly, sort of. She was driving down from her house/palace/castle in her chauffered limo. Of course Caroline could have in the car too! I think I have some pics around here somewhere. It was a fun trip on the cheap!

I found that picture I took of Grace Kelley coming down from her home in her limo with motorcycle guards.

I seem to recollect that all the locals there at the time saying it had to be her.

IMG_20220701_184142650.jpg