Morning from Northern Canada

Mark K

Good day was browsing through the US Military Forum this morning and seen the add for the WMF so thought I would give it a go..

I guess an introduction is in order I am a long time collector of military focusing on mainly helmets and camouflage now with over 190 examples in my collection from just pre WW II to present day I hope that some of you gents will find my posts interesting and informative and hope to help out were I can along the way...

My main area of focus is/was the study of the Canadian Mk II Combat Helmet and it's components but with that said I do collect helmets from other nations from around the globe when I find one of interest...

Kind regards Mark K

Thanx for the welcome Elizabeth I started posting some helmets yesterday..Seems like a good forum it will take me a bit to get my bearings and learn all the ins and outs..

Regards Mark K

That's a lot of helmets Mark! You remind me of an old Canadian friend I used to deal with many years ago, Roger Lucy? I am sure you must have some of his books on Canadian helmets. Is he still around and collecting? Welcome to the forum, it will be great to see your helmets.   Scott.

6 hours ago, ScottG said:

That's a lot of helmets Mark! You remind me of an old Canadian friend I used to deal with many years ago, Roger Lucy? I am sure you must have some of his books on Canadian helmets. Is he still around and collecting? Welcome to the forum, it will be great to see your helmets.   Scott.

Morning Scott I have not chatted with Roger in a while he is still actively collecting and contributing on a private helmet collecting forum we are both members of as to his books I do own a few Tin Lids was my go to bible when I 1'st started collecting Canadian helmets years ago..

He was the inspiration for me to start my own on line blog on the Canadian Mk II combat helmet as there was no definitive on line source for information for collectors and enthusiast a like  ( The Canadian Mk II and it's Components ) ...

Regards Mark