This will be my first post here, This is My 1969 Bereitschaftspolizei major uniform.

Alexa

Alexa,

A very nice example of a complete VP Medical Officer uniform.  I see a nice matching "TGL" marked tunic and peaked cap and breeches with cutter tags.  Are your collar tabs metal or bullion?  

Thank you Sarge, Yes the collar tabs are indeed bullion embroidered into the collar. 
The only thing i have bought separately is the belt and the officer grade badge.

• 1 month later...

Nice.

I have a visor cap that I kept because it has the owner's name on a label inside the pocket.

What are those "wings"?  I know the Russians had these wings for all sorts of things:  truck driver certification, Good conduct or some crazy things like that. 

• 2 weeks later...

The wing is an officer clasp, I am guessing it is an award you get for finishing officer school.

But this one is heavier and thicker than the never ones, Because it is an older model.

But the east germans hade them for all kind of things to like you said.

I hope this helps.

The wing is a "Klassifizierungsabzeichen" called "Quallispange", a qualification bade. They existed indeed for several functions, this one is the "Allgemein" variant. Interesting to see it with a MdI uniform because I thought it was only for members of the NVA. I´m learning something new every day.

This is an awesome uniform, thanks for sharing!