1960 norwegian gala uniform

Alexa

Here is my Norwegian 1960s Infantry gala uniform, Also known as dark uniform. 

But the intresting part is that it got an parachute patch on the breast,

But it is an infantry uniform wich you can see on the red piping on the uniform.

So it must be a parachute infantry unit. The other diffrence bettwen the new and old                                                                                                                                                               uniforms is the quality, The old ones like the one i have is alot heavier and you can see the red piping alot clearer.

for the final touch, The hat cocade is the first style they used after the uniform change in 60s from the old uniforms

where they used a kepi for the uniform instead of a visor hat.

There are 3 diffrent hat cocades used for norwegian gala uniforms.

1960.jpg.2fcee41a7b851b0518366a889f314573.jpg

4455.jpg

Hello Alexa and welcome to the WMF! Now this is something you don´t see every day. A very nice gala uniform, thanks for sharing! What´s the rank, please?

Hello Proud Kraut, And thank you, The rank is the same rank as you use in Germany, Wich is Oberstleutnant. Germany and norway uses the same names for some officers ranks wich is pretty cool.

• 2 weeks later...

Brig, I find it rather hard to find Norwegian militaria and police uniforms on the internet to,

But the odd thing is that in Norway, You can find these uniforms every where on Finn.no 

And other webisites, But most Norwegians who collect in Norway collect German uniforms.

So it is always nice to see some nice Norwegian uniforms indeed.

Yes, I also check Finn regularly. I've noticed that Nasjonal Samling is heavily collected in Norway, but I also have some friends over there who collect MilOrg pretty heavily.

I was fortunate enough to spend 8 months in Norway back in 2017. I've been dabbling in Norwegian Militaria ever since.