Photo of German Flak Crew w/One Unknown Crewmember

tom63

Here are a couple of photos from a large group of WW2 era negatives I came across.  They show a German flak crew plus one guy in a different uniform/helmet.  Is that a Dutch helmet?   Still trying to figure out where my negatives were taken so maybe if I can ID the nationality of the non-German guy it might help determine where the pic was taken.  Maybe.

gun crew.jpg

Thanks all for your input.  This is all new to me and I am learning a lot from looking up the names and terms you all are posting here.  Attaching one more photo showing our mystery man with a different cap and more of the uniform he is wearing.  He appears to be wearing an armband in this pic and in one above.  

flakcrew3.JPG

On 11/21/2021 at 6:41 PM, patches said:

Since this photo seems to be taken out in the field, we say these are Flak Hiwis.

Nice armband Patches!  So, is it safe to say that the mystery crewmember is a Soviet prisoner/volunteer with a German flak crew?  I'm attaching one more photo that shows two Hiwis in complete uniforms.  

flakcrew4.JPG

On 11/23/2021 at 7:38 AM, tom63 said:

Nice armband Patches!  So, is it safe to say that the mystery crewmember is a Soviet prisoner/volunteer with a German flak crew?  I'm attaching one more photo that shows two Hiwis in complete uniforms.  

flakcrew4.JPG

Yes a Former POW will be my guess.