3rd Vehicle: BTR 60

Husky43

I believe it's a Soviet BTR.60, Armoured Troop Transporter. They were first seen in the 1960s. I don't think the decals are correct for this vehicle, to be honest.

easterneagle87

If it were an East German BTR, then converted to a “German” army vehicle after re-unification, it would have cross that was flaired out at the ends, then it would make sense or more probable. 

easterneagle87

I can’t find any photos right off the bat of former East German armored fighting vehicles with New German crosses applied to them, but I’m sure they’re out there. Here’s a Leopard with their Maltese cross. 

CF9E779D-B396-4BC7-88F4-082736899B85.jpeg

One of the decals appears to be a totenkopf, death's head, which was not used postwar as far as I know; I believe the postwar German symbolism for West and East Germany was purposefully different from the wartime symbolism. The tactical marking (white box on two circles with the double headed arrow) on the front appears to be a WW2 German one. That said the German markings are not my specialty so I may well be wrong, just fairly sure these type decals are not Warsaw Pact and probably not post-unification used either.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/14/2021 at 1:07 AM, easterneagle87 said:

This what I was going for, but can't find a BTR with the new markings. 

The BRT 60 was not used by the Bundeswehr after unification for several reasons.

easterneagle87

Interestingly to know. With the amount of Warsaw Pact equipment that was used by the NVA, surprisingly more wasn't pressed into service.