A couple of seldom seen Iraqi helmets Wz53 and Air Force

ScottG

Both of these were bring backs by yours truly. The Polish helmet is well marked on the liner in Arabic and came as you see it with the elastic foliage cover similar to those seen in the 2003 war on the M90/03 helmets. This example came from near Baghdad and as you can see it retains its liner with one tear in it and its leather chin strap. It is painted in a glossy green and does not have the Polish Eagle emblem on the front.    Scott

DSCN0113.JPG

DSCN0114.JPG

DSCN0115.JPG

DSCN0116.JPG

DSCN0117.JPG

Here is a seldom seen helmet from the Air Force and again was brought home by me in 2004. It is the standard Jihm marked M80 but overpainted in Iraqi Air Force Gray/Blue, on the top you can still see the original green.    Scott

DSCN0108.JPG

DSCN0109.JPG

DSCN0110.JPG

DSCN0111.JPG

At one point I had nearly 100 Iraqi helmets but I paired them down to those I obtained either from prisoners or on the ground. Those obtained by trades, purchases etc... I sold. I also got rid of the Fedayeen helmets as they were basically paramilitary trash and I got tired of hearing them compared to the SS etc... So, here are a few examples I kept, most are packed away with uniforms and other gear I kept.   Scott

DSCN0118.JPG

5 hours ago, SteveB said:

Nice collection Scott, I haven't ventured into Iraqi helmets yet, I have a feeling that it would open the flood gates if I bought one.

Steve.

Thank you Steve, and yes, there are several models and certainly an unlimited variety of paints and unit marks etc...    Scott