Iron Cross 2nd Class, seeking opinions.

CavalryCombatant

CavalryCombatant

I’ve had this one for a couple years, I picked it up at an antique store in the middle of nowhere as I was going through.  There were a few other military items I was confident in the originality of, so it made me feel a bit better.  

If I recall when I bought it I did some research and it checked all the boxes but I’d like some more experienced opinions.  

Thanks, and have a good one.

CC

176CC541-7C9C-491B-B18D-4F659BDC9720.jpeg

6D19ACBB-9263-43F0-A9B2-7D82A8624E26.jpeg

B4BD9265-233C-4C67-AA2A-12946A0ACD0E.jpeg

ADB85353-515F-49A6-8E8B-3D10C14C2CB2.jpeg

CavalryCombatant

I don’t believe so, I took it into natural light and I can’t make any out.  That being said I didn’t remove the ribbon, which also appears to have more soiling then it does in the photos.

Thanks,

CC

• 1 year later...
S.ChrisKelly

Get a magnet and check if the center is magnetic.  I have never seen a reproduction with a magnetic center. 

Otherwise, inner frame beading looks correct, swastika/dates look proper, ribbon likely original... Hallmark on the suspension ring helps, but its absence is not indicative of a reproduction.  The suspension ring should be welded shut.

Nice Eisernes Kreuz II.Klasse.

• 4 weeks later...
CavalryCombatant

That’s awesome to hear and I greatly appreciate you weighing in!  The center is magnetic, so I suppose I got lucky on this one.