Norwegian 1895-1916 Information

DEL56

I am looking for pictures and any information I can find on the Norwegian Uniforms, Infantry, Calvary, and Naval for this time period. Also the types of rifles and pistols they used. As well as belts, caps, boots, and ammunition pouches. I am trying to do some reenacting and can't find much out there to help me put it all together. So any help you can give would be highly appreciated. I have been looking on line, but not a lot out there I can find. Maybe I'm searching wrong.

For images wikimedia can be a good starting point of reference; here is the page for 19th century Norwegian uniforms that may be of use, as your time period straddles 19th to 20th I have also added the page for 20th century though most of the images are after 1916:

19th Century Norwegian uniforms  and 20th Century Norwegian Uniforms

There are some good black and white reference photographs as well as some illustrations of uniforms from books on the first link.

Wikipedia is also a good resource for firearms, I believe the Norwegians used the Nagant M1895 pistol and the Landstad revolver pistol as well as Krag–Petersson rifle,  Jarmann M1884 rifle and the Krag–Jørgensen rifle during your time period.

Also it may be worth searching using the key-phrase 'Sweden Norway' as they were in a Union until 1905.

2 hours ago, numbersix said:

For images wikimedia can be a good starting point of reference; here is the page for 19th century Norwegian uniforms that may be of use, as your time period straddles 19th to 20th I have also added the page for 20th century though most of the images are after 1916:

19th Century Norwegian uniforms  and 20th Century Norwegian Uniforms

There are some good black and white reference photographs as well as some illustrations of uniforms from books on the first link.

Wikipedia is also a good resource for firearms, I believe the Norwegians used the Nagant M1895 pistol and the Landstad revolver pistol as well as Krag–Petersson rifle,  Jarmann M1884 rifle and the Krag–Jørgensen rifle during your time period.

Also it may be worth searching using the key-phrase 'Sweden Norway' as they were in a Union until 1905.

Hey Numbersix, I knew some on the small arms but not sure if that was the only pistol they used. I know officers in most forces were able to purchase their own side arms. I had not seen that site you sent of the uniforms. That is helpful. I appreciate your input. I'll take any other information to add to this if anyone can still help.

Glad it it is of some use; I'm in no way an expert on Norwegian militaria and I am sure there are other members on the forum with more insight. I do find using an image search to identify appropriate keywords for further search works very well these days and avoids search engines more mercurial results. Thank you for the thank you!