Hand-drawn Battle of Britain Pencil Art

LE LOUP DES MERS

LE LOUP DES MERS

I have no idea were to put this, so I decided to put it in this topic. However, feel free to move this to a different topic if need be. About 6 years ago I did a pencil art displaying the battle of Britain. This pencil drawing has been in 100s of art shows and even was displayed in a museum. It took me about 6 months to complete and is all free hand, NO stencils or holding up to the light trick used. I worked on it twice a week for 6 months, I would love to hear what you guys think. I also tried finding the original photo I based this on. However can't find that photo online for the life of me but I'm sure you British collectors know the exact photo I'm talking about. 

IMG_0123~2.jpg

It's from the Coventry Blitz I believe, one of the first big bombing raids by the Lufwaffe; my Grandfather, who was deaf in one ear, was an Air Raid Warden in Coventry and never really talked of it. A tailor by day, he and my Grandmother were bombed out twice.

I think you have a fine drawing hand, it's really good.

This is the original photograph:

BlitzJack.jpg.5c5f6178dbbf1fd5e9d12f086bcab928.jpg

LE LOUP DES MERS
2 hours ago, numbersix said:

It's from the Coventry Blitz I believe, one of the first big bombing raids by the Lufwaffe; my Grandfather, who was deaf in one ear, was an Air Raid Warden in Coventry and never really talked of it. A tailor by day, he and my Grandmother were bombed out twice.

I think you have a fine drawing hand, it's really good.

This is the original photograph:

BlitzJack.jpg.5c5f6178dbbf1fd5e9d12f086bcab928.jpg

Ah yes, that's the one.

LE LOUP DES MERS
3 hours ago, Old Marine said:

Well executed.

Hey thanks for the feedback, if anyone is wondering about the flag. Originally the flag was going to be graphite like the rest of the picture but my art teacher told me to do the flag in color instead of graphite. As she said it would stand out better being in colored pencil because the whole point of the picture is to show the flag standing strong, while everything around the flag is destroyed.