Real? Repro? WW2 Luftwaffe Hermann Meyer Cap

TWSmith

I came across this WW2 Luftwaffe Hermann Meyer cap and wanted some opinions on it?  Although the cap has no maker or date stamps, it is very well constructed and does not glow under blacklight. Also, the vents have wire mesh and the buttons are bakelite not plastic. I hope someone has some insight or knowledge of these type caps as I do not. Any info including price value would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

DSCN3426.jpg.a098c354e015ebc17ba21aa55f077309.jpgDSCN3428.jpg.b6542f6ecdb1ac5a783bf5e42e839854.jpgDSCN3427.jpg.c2b34c146e2d68853150c1df8773bc1a.jpg

fullsizeoutput_52bc.jpeg

IMG_1171.JPG

IMG_1173.JPG

fullsizeoutput_52b5.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_52b7.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2021 at 6:42 AM, TWSmith said:

I came across this WW2 Luftwaffe Hermann Meyer cap and wanted some opinions on it?

Did you see my hat that I posted in the Toys Category?

1/6 scale German Paratrooper figure & Herman Meyer hat

My hat looks a different shade of tan---which I really didn't like.  I like yours better.  Mine also had the fold-down neck cover but the buttons that attach it on your hat appear more Red.  Otherwise, I would say it is made by the same company.  I don't know who made it because it was given to me.  

I would post more photos but I no longer sold the hat.  I think I sold it for $35.  

• 3 weeks later...

Can you please give me any specifics as to why this is a repro? I've looked online at the reenactor sites and have not seen another like it. The cap is very high quality.  It was also mentioned to me that it could have been a private purchase made cap??? If that is indeed the case, I may never have a definitive answer. Its a very cool cap anyway.