Pre WWI to Pre WWII, Same Man?

Otter42

Found these all together at a flea market years ago. Not real familiar with German uniforms, so hope I have these in the right date order.  And if someone would translate into English for me, that would be great. Thanks in advance. My favorite is the one where he's in the hospital making awesome wood carvings!

20211213_143151.jpg

20211213_143207.jpg

"Her loving brother Wilhelm in the war 1916" for the first ones.  Army photos with mounted and infantry service from what I can see.  The female may be his sister.  The last one is him as a Policeman after 1936.  So, not yet WWII but later than WWI.  

Postcard No. 1 and 3 were send to the same sailor "Rudolf S...." First one when he served on S.M.S (Seiner Majestät Schiff) Stralsund, second one when he served on S.M.S. Kaiserin Augusta. Unfortunately I can only read parts of the writing.

Not sure about postcard No. 4 but all others seem to be the same person, great lot!

Thanks Proud Kraut. I have enjoyed looking at them, and the different periods of time. I can take better shots of the writing if they may help with the translation.  Ken

The photos are fine. It´s the old German writing (fraktur) I can only decipher partly. I think his last name is "Strandt". In 1914 (1st postcard) he served with 21. Landsturm Infanterie Bataillon, IX. Armeekorps, a reserve unit garrisoned in Schleswig-Holstein, the most northern German state. SH has North Sea and Baltic Sea coasts so the connection to a brother serving as a sailor makes absolute sence.

The hospital photo was taken in Antwerpen, Belgium. Maybe I´ll find out a little bit more.

Looking at the first picture sent from West Prussia (Posen)…the man has a fluted spike (private purchase pickelhaube?)….does the wappen look Bavarian? 

I can't make out the helmet Wappen in the first photo.  It looks like he is in a mounted unit with his tall boots and Cavalry style sword and Faustriemen.  Perhaps walking out dress as he is wearing his ribboned medals.  

In the second photo he is armed with a long Infantry rifle and has an Infantry style Troddel on his S98 bayonet.  Same style Infantry uniform and equipment worn in the photo with the female.

Sarge agree…I was leaning toward mounted as well..l think Bavarian mounted units had fluted spikes…with squared visor corners (which I am having trouble seeing)

Pickelhaube looks very similar to those of the 1. Großherzoglich Mecklenburgisches Dragoner-Regiment 17 or other Regiments of Mecklenburg Schwerin, e.g. Infanterie Regiment 89 / Grenadier Regiment 89.