RAD Generalarbeitsfuhrer Identification Guide

Gwar

Unless noted otherwise, all of my personal archived photos are watermarked, the only reason I do this is from past experiences of others using my photos on other forums without due credit, it does take time, money and research to acquire these items..

First up we might as well start with 'The Boss' Reichsarbeitsfuhrer Konstantin Hierl, as seen here in a meeting with Generalarbeitsfuhrer von Wenckstern, von Wenckstern is wearing the 'Pour Le Merit', the other two prominent figures as of yet are unknown, Hierl smoked cigars and can be seen doing so often in period photographs..

Hierl and von Wenckstern 1.jpg

Hierl and von Wenckstern 1b.jpg

Hierl and von Wenckstern 1c.jpg

A group meeting consisting of several Generalarbeitsfuhrers as noted

GAF Otto Triebel, Arbeitsgau VII, Arbeitsfuhrer Herbert Erb, GAF Schmuckle, Arbeitsgau XXIII, Rolf von Gonner (Inspector), Dr. Herbert Schmeidler (Inspector), Location unknown.

Group 1.jpg

Group 1a (2).png

12 minutes ago, Jack the Collector said:

Great group! Interesting armband on the fellow 2nd from the right...early NSDAP armband?

I think you might mean this one, yes that caught my attention, rather large roundel..

1378052106_Group1a(2).png.986f02be2212497fc777ca052129f72d.png

The 'Boss' is visiting Abt. 3/115 Czyzyny, Krakau Poland, year unknown, it looks as if he is with another GAF (Unknown) at the moment, notice they both wear sidearms which was standard practice on foreign soil, Hierl looks tired..

Hierl in 3-115 in Czyżyny Krakau, Poland 1.jpg

Hierl in 3-115 in Czyżyny Krakau, Poland 1a.png

Fortunes Of War

Gwar-

Thank you for posting these images, along with your research.  How did you become interested in studying the RAD?  I'm looking forward to seeing more...

6 minutes ago, Fortunes Of War said:

Gwar-

Thank you for posting these images, along with your research.  How did you become interested in studying the RAD?  I'm looking forward to seeing more...

Hello ! It started with RAD belt buckles and transformed into a great community of fellow collectors, we share knowledge and research on a variety of RAD related subjects.

Hierl and an unknown Adjutant, over the years he had several, and I believe Arbeitsfuhrer Herb was one of them when he was a Oberstfeldmeister in the early years, the Adjutant can be identified usually by the ( Augellette ) brown braided cord with metal fittings worn on the right shoulder..

Hierl & Adjutant 1.jpg

Hierl & Adjutant 1a.png

Screenshot (2766).png

Screenshot (16).png

One more before I head out for the afternoon, same meeting as above.., I have several more photos of Hierl and the Generalarbeitsfuhrer's , I will post again very soon, hope you enjoyed this thread, G

Hierl & FM 1.jpg

Hierl & FM 1a.png

1 hour ago, Gwar said:

I think you might mean this one, yes that caught my attention, rather large roundel..

I noticed that also.  But look at the soldier to his right---he is wearing his armband on his elbow.   In most of the photos you posted, their armbands seem to be worn lower than what I normally see.  Maybe because they don't want to cover their insignia patch.  

2 hours ago, Gwar said:

It started with RAD belt buckles and transformed into a great community of fellow collectors, we share knowledge and research on a variety of RAD related subjects.

Did this unit have any connection with the Todt Organization which built the defenses in Italy?   Do you have any photos of construction of the GOTHIC Line?   My Father helped assault the GOTHIC Line at Il Giogo Pass and Monte Pratone.

20 minutes ago, Custermen said:

Did this unit have any connection with the Todt Organization which built the defenses in Italy?   Do you have any photos of construction of the GOTHIC Line?   My Father helped assault the GOTHIC Line at Il Giogo Pass and Monte Pratone.

Although there was a relationship with the Org. Todt, it is unknown to me of any Abt.'s that were in Italy or participated, although the RAD may have been there as a lot of the Bau Battalions were utilized by the Heer and Luftwaffe during war time.

Ok, I think we have seen enough of Reichsarbeitsfuhrer Hierl for now, I would like to start with the Generalarbeitsfuhrer's of the Arbeitsgau. I will start with the first Gau and work my way up as far as I can, as stated before I will have photos from my personal archives and other sources.

Atbeitsgau I Ostpreussen

Generalarbeitsfuhrer Martin Eisenbeck

Screenshot (1660).png

Eisenbeck 1.jpg

Eisenbeck 1a.png

Generalarbeitsfuhrer Dr. Hermann Wagner, was the leader of Arbeitsgau II Danzig-Westpr. and eventually Arbeitsgau XVIII Niedersachsen Ost

A great deal of Thanks to member 'Jack the Collector' for providing to me the opportunity to obtain this photograph..

Wagner 1.jpg

Wagner 1a.png

Generalarbeitsfuhrer Otto Triebel, Arbeitsgau III and then on to Arbeitsgau VII after GAF Lambeck had either retired or died, Triebel is center to the left is Dr. Schmeidler and the right is GAF Schinnerer

10399234.jpg

Otto Triebel 1.jpg

Otto Triebel 1a.png

Jack the Collector
20 hours ago, Gwar said:

A great deal of Thanks to member 'Jack the Collector' for providing to me the opportunity to obtain this photograph..

Your most welcome,as collector's we should put things where they belong.