New from North Carolina

Mikep

Hello all, I like to watch auctions and I’m bidding on about 10 flags and some other banners and a 1000 stitch belt, what is a good value on “meatball flag” most of them have lots or writing, and the 1000 stich belt has neat stuff in it, like a long scroll rolled up.

Lots of other ww2 stuff also, but I’m still researching them.

is there part of the forum where I can post auction link so others can see?

mike

Fortunes Of War

Hello Mike-

The average price for a plain Japanese national flag (meatball flag) is generally around $60-$80, depending upon size, condition, etc.  Keep in mind that the Japanese national flag of the WW2 era is pretty much the same as the post-WW2 Japanese nationalf flag.  It may be tough to know the time of manufacture, unless you have some provenance, or are aware of some other factor.  If you are inquiring about signed good luck flags (Japanese national flag with kanji characters/writing on them), those can be priced all over the place, depending upon content of characters, volume of characters, art, seals, provenance, etc.  Generally, an average good luck flag in good condition may be priced around $250 and up.  1000 stitch belts too are getting tough to find.  Depending upon content of any characters, art (if any) and omamori (ofuda, or other talisman), they are seeing a rise in prices from the mid-to high $100, up to $250 and higher.