German “Red Baron” Volksmarch medal

Historybuff00

It´s not an officiall military medal. It´s a so called Volksmarch medal. Participants received the medal after reaching the finish. These international (mostly U.S. / German) marches were very popular over here that time.

Salach is a town 50 kilometers east of Stuttgart in southwest Germany.

No real award. Kind of gift for the participants of a common German / U.S. recreational event. These marches often ended with a common BBQ e.g. Here are some examples of my collection. Also countless Volksmarch steins, patches and stickers do exist.

VM2.jpg

Historybuff00
9 minutes ago, Proud Kraut said:

No real award. Kind of gift for the participants of a common German / U.S. recreational event. These marches often ended with a common BBQ e.g. Here are some examples of my collection. Also countless Volksmarch steins, patches and stickers does exist.

VM2.jpg

Thanks this clears it up for me. 

50 minutes ago, Proud Kraut said:

No real award. Kind of gift for the participants of a common German / U.S. recreational event. These marches often ended with a common BBQ e.g. Here are some examples of my collection. Also countless Volksmarch steins, patches and stickers do exist.

My brother lived in San Antonio, TEXAS (USA), and would go on walks.  Since there were many German immigrants in that area and towns with German names, these walks had a German name---which I have forgotten.  He has several badges he received for completing these hikes.