Unidentified Hat

mrmovieprop

Anyone have any ideas on this hat and what it is?

Has picture inside of a well known Pakistan historical figure. But that could just be because the hat was made in Pakistan for another country.

I think it possibly is Iran, Iraq, UAE or Pakistan. Anyone have any ideas. This perhaps should be moved to the identify this subforum.

irnavy1.jpg

irnavy2.jpg

Eagle is wrong for Iraq, wings are spread too wide and the head is facing in the wrong direction... I am thinking Yemen or Syria, though I cannot account for the three stars?   Scott

I thought looked similar to iraq but not quite right. Might be merchant navy.   Its weird looking thanks for everyone input.

So the Kuwaiti Navy has the same badge for berets but it is gold. Perhaps silver is enlisted or perhaps it is a change that happened over time. Look for Kuwait navy officers beret badge and you will see a similar eagle with the anchor the dhow and the wheat at the bottom.  Scott

Scott I will look into that, thanks.

I saw  gold ones and I found a silver one https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/kuwait-navy-cap-badge-hat-insignia-1997392148

So the paint on the wings and the stars is something someone did in a non official capacity? It looks like hand painted on maybe a kid or someone did it for whatever reason?

Scott thanks a lot it appears to be this.

1 hour ago, mrmovieprop said:

Scott I will look into that, thanks.

I saw  gold ones and I found a silver one https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/kuwait-navy-cap-badge-hat-insignia-1997392148

So the paint on the wings and the stars is something someone did in a non official capacity? It looks like hand painted on maybe a kid or someone did it for whatever reason?

Scott thanks a lot it appears to be this.

Glad it helped, not sure why the paint and the stars? Maybe someone wanted it to look Iraqi?  Scott

scott thats what I was thinking.  Wonder if an Iraqi soldier or an American did it. The painted detail made it so hard to know what it was.