Panzer 38 (t) Ausf. E/F

Proud Kraut

It was my intention to finish some of the modeling projects I started last year but I got a couple of new models recently. I couldn´t resist and decided to build this model first in 2022. It´s the new 1/35 scale TAMIYA model of the Czech tank 38 (T) which was used by the Wehrmacht in many variations.

As usual the Tamiya kit is very detailed and excellent to build. Here´s the box and the tank after receiving the first coat of primer.

38_1.jpg

38_2.jpg

38_3.jpg

38_4.jpg

Hey Lars; that's a very nice 38(t). Nice priming job. I was going to ask you if those were individual track links but I read the box description. You did an excellent job on the tracks. I'm looking forward to some more progress pics. 

Semper Fi.

Manny

Thank you guys!

I think Tamiya found an excellent way to make the tracks. Each consists of 20 parts, they fit perfectly and look very realistic.

38_5.jpg

I did some preshading, then airbrushed the tank with German Grey (Tamiya XF-63) with several thin layers. For highlighting larger areas of the tank I mixed XF-63 with white XF-2 at a ratio of 5:1.

After the color has dried I applied the decals. Meanwhile the crew has received it´s base colors.

38_6.jpg

38_7.jpg

38_8.jpg

38_9.jpg

Thank you for your kind feedback, guys!

Tracks - I´m painting them with a mix of black and leather brown (1:1). After the color has dried I drybrush them with Vallejo "gun metal".

Some more detail & figure painting today. Finally the whole tank received a "medium grey" drybrush.

38_20.jpg

38_21.jpg

38_22.jpg

38_23.jpg

38_24.jpg

Salvage Sailor
On 1/11/2022 at 11:08 AM, Old Marine said:

Excellent work!  I still like Tamiya kits

They've always been my favorite off the shelf model kits

I´m afraid the last steps are barely visible. The tank crew´s uniforms received their collar tabs and the tank some final metal effects. That´s it thanks for looking and thanks for your kind feedback!

Next week I´ll start something completely different

38_30.jpg

38_31.jpg

38_32.jpg