WW II Alpine Troops Coat

Brian Keith

I've had this for a number of years, but don’t really know a lot about Italian items. As I understand this is a coat for the Mountain Troops. It appears to be dated 1938, so survived the war in fine condition. Can any one tell me more about this coat? I did add the aluminum stars to the collars. Does the red collar flashes mean very much? It has a large pocket in the back for storage.

Thanks in advance for any information and thanks for looking.

BKW

I don't know why some photos post upside down!

P1040926.JPG

P1040924.JPG

P1040925.JPG

P1040927.JPG

I will start by admitting that I am no expert in Italian WWII items. That said it is not Alpini as Alpini collar tabs always incorporate green in some form. This much I know for certain. So, I checked into Rex Trye's book "Mussolini's Soldiers" for you and it is Bersaglieri and in fact there is a similar color example featured in the book on a Sahariana jacket. Basically a light infantry unit skilled at marksmanship and they have a strong rivalry with the Alpini. Hope this helps, its a beautiful jacket, if you ever want to trade or sell it, I would be interested.      Scott

Thanks! Very Cool! I'll make note of it. Maybe I'll do an Italian mannequin  like you did the Japanese one! I know I have some of the green leather gear around somewhere!

Have a great day!
BKW

10 hours ago, Brian Keith said:

Maybe I'll do an Italian mannequin  like you did the Japanese one! I know I have some of the green leather gear around somewhere!

That would be cool if you could get a motorcycle and create this with a mannequin.

Bersagaliari.jpg.3b35883340c40abc5e746136197d222b.jpg