New Zealand Knuckle Knife

Tom Kibler

Here is another that my father had. This is a pretty straight forward aluminum knuckle knife. I'm pretty sure this is a Commonwealth Forces knife as well.

DSC03018.JPG

DSC03019.JPG

DSC03020.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Nice made in New Zealand knife, these were available for purchase in N.Z. Around 1941-44 and only used in the Pacific theatre. Many were purchased by U.S. troops stationed in New Zealand,  The scabbard is made of stiff leather and cracks and breaks easy, and the rivets are steel which rusted in the topics, I advise you not to put the knife in the scabbard.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
DUSTY_MOTO

I am wondering why the metal of the blade is the black color.  Some kinds of 'tool steel' do this, I think which has been hardened.  Odd. 

• 5 months later...

That's a gorgeous knuckle knife!

Here is another Australian made knife I acquired this past summer. I believe it was brought back by an American soldier. 

IMG_20220604_123730000.jpg.592b3f44ed76085c5e1472f8debb5f68.jpg2099533862_IMG_20220604_1238065882.jpg.082f31697759e611ece9faded52aa07c.jpg652817094_IMG_20220604_1237528162.jpg.27e5cc5b820bc3ca889e90d002bfc159.jpg

• 4 months later...

Nice sheath with your knuckle knife.  Knife looks to be in great shape too.  

Kfield , that is a scarce knife you posted thanks for sharing it.  Often called a " see through handle " .  I was finally able to pick one up recently after many years of searching.   Does anyone know what factory they were made at?

On 4/2/2023 at 9:42 AM, Capt.Case said:

Kfield , that is a scarce knife you posted thanks for sharing it.  Often called a " see through handle " .  I was finally able to pick one up recently after many years of searching.   Does anyone know what factory they were made at?

This is a writeup I picked up off the net. Credit is given to the author (John Kroezen). 

Tom, I hope you don't mind me posting here.

AussieKnife (4).jpg

AussieKnife (5).jpg

AussieKnife (6).jpg

Thanks for sharing that information.   Looks like Gregsteel made them.  I wonder why they never marked them.

Tom , that is an interesting knuckle knife.  I have never seen that one.   Wish I could help.