German dagger, Soligen?

Digi-Shots

Can someone help with a bit of info?

I have what looks like a theater dagger that was customized with a bone handle.  The blade is faintly marked “REHWAPPEN SOLIGEN ROSTFRE” in standard letters (nothing fancy or stylized).  It is very faint otherwise I’d try to get a photo of the stamping.

Somewhere I read that this wording or stamping wasn’t made until 1949 (I did find a Hitler Youth Knife online that had the same wording but the R and S were an intertwined logo of sorts).

I know… “buy the knife not the story”…. I was told this was a WWII North Africa bring back.  Right now I’m just trying to date the blade to see if it is WWII and not post war.

Thanks!

Daskrieg, here are a couple of pics.. the stamping is very faint and I can only read the top line and the ending of Rostfrei.  

The metal parts on the grip are hammered copper.  I don‘t think I can move the one that meets the blade to read whats under it.  

B6A3EF35-39EB-4D71-BF21-491ABAA588EB.jpeg

07D444FA-E0AC-4925-9C78-6AA7645757F8.jpeg

095B70FB-28F8-448B-A207-0A786B6B942B.jpeg

Nice knife but i believe its a post war piece. If you own it just put it away and be thankful you have it but as I said i do not think it is pre-45

Thanks,  I appreciate you getting back.  I do have the “sheath” which is animal/fur and probably is the best part !  Just hoping it was older and could tie in with WWII/military.