Kampfgruppen Photo Album

SARGE

Gents,

I picked up a very nice presentation photograph album for the Kampfgruppen (KG) aka the Workers Militia yesterday that I thought I would share.  It is dated 1970 and shows what appears to be a presentation of a war games winner banner for a KG unit.  Some nice interesting photographs professionally mounted in a VEB made album.  

DDR KG album.JPG

DDR KG album parade.JPG

DDR KG album parade 2.JPG

DDR KG album flags.JPG

DDR KG album band.JPG

DDR KG album artillery.JPG

DDR KG album flag.JPG

Good eye.  Granny is shown in prominent positions in several photographs.  I wonder if she could be related to the "Honor Name" of the KG unit?  She made it into pix of the indoor and outdoor presentations so she is some local Party leader.  Here she is in the front row on the steps with the Russians and other dignitaries.  She also made it onto the podium as well as individual shots of her at the post award party drinking with the Russians.  These high ranking Party folks were "Golden Pheasants" during the NS Zeit.  Of course that was the previous political "Party".  

DDR KG album group.JPG

Since the pictures were taken in 1970 there could be very well some WW II vets among them.

Ottomar Geschke was a communist politician who died in 1957. He was married, maybe the old lady was his widow.