Battle of Britain Bar/Clasp

Wondy

Greetings Friends,

I wonder if anyone would be so kind as to offer their honest thoughts regarding this Battle of Britain clasp or indeed the Medal in general!

The photo shows two 1939-45 Star medals. The left side has a fake clasp on it (which im sure you will agree is obvious). The ‘O’ bring distinctly larger and the clasp in general looking ‘new’. 

However from what i can see (i could be wrong) the bar/clasp on the right side medal looks pretty genuine?

I appreciate genuine bars are a bit of a holy grail so remain sceptical. I purchased the medal with some other service medals linked to the same person99BE07BF-8998-4DA8-AEE8-75F18CAD03DB.jpeg.e1aa2e51193435170abd3e22467a9eac.jpeg. Interestingly the right medal is stamped. Was this a normal thing to stamp in such a way? The name is a famous Battle of Britian Polish Ace…again this adds to my scepticism!

Interesting regardless!

Thanks so much in advance.

B437E203-EAE0-48D7-8D0D-F10F1DD62EDA.jpeg

Hi Just to add the left side medal was one iv owned for ages…i like the stitching on it! 

Greetings Wondy,

Welcome to the forum,

I can't comment on British Medals and Orders or their engraving requirements, but when I look at this engraved one, I am very skeptical due to the off centered placement of the name. 

I know it does not really answer your question regarding authenticity but I am not a fan of this engraved medal.

Best regards, stay safe

Leigh