What do I have here please?

skinsfan

Hello,purchased these buttons along with a beautiful brass British flintlock pic 1820-1830 on page 78 of 'GUN TOOLS"....at first glance I thought the small oval pieces were broad arrows but they look more like anchors.....any help will be appreciated....I have a tone more modern British militia pieces that I need to ID but thought I would start small being new to this forum.....the largest button is the size of a quarter

DSCN0187.JPG

DSCN0188.JPG

DSCN0189.JPG

DSCN0190.JPG

DSCN0191.JPG

MORE PICS

DSCN0192.JPG

DSCN0193.JPG

DSCN0194.JPG

DSCN0195.JPG

DSCN0196.JPG

DSCN0198.JPG

I suspect the first large eagle & crown button is not US.  Don't know about the others.  Probably a mixed bag.

On 2/24/2022 at 3:35 PM, Preppy Picker said:

The eagle crown button could be anti King George?

The eagle is dominating the crown.

why does it have a feather in its mouth, more likely a dove than an eagle perhaps

Doing some looking for that top one, as it is different! Could be an eagle with a stalk of wheat?

I asked Sis who is into British and she thinks you should explore the idea of livery as she thinks this is more non-military and would be an Earl or Baron's cornet (rather than a monarch's crown) with their arms design on top (being that bird with whatever is in his mouth). She is guessing it would be a Baron or Earl's livery button.

The No. 5 one . . . she is thinking it could be an India Regimental button.

Oh . . . I think I found the No, 5 . . . This is being sold as Napoleonic French:

image.png

image.png

image.png